USPS (Unites States Post Office) Extra Services Worth Getting
USPS Extra Services Worth Getting
When mailing a package either online or at our local post office, there are usually extra service options offered to you. While some of these may seem unnecessary, there are times when these extra services will come in handy. So here's a breakdown of the current extra services offered by the United States Postal Service and why or when you should consider adding it on to your shipping costs.
1. Insurance - USPS can insure your item for up to $5,000 against loss or damage and price is based on your declared value. Of course there are restrictions and exclusions but if you're mailing important or valuable items, purchasing insurance might give you that added peace of mind. Priority Mail shipments already come with a certain amount of insurance so choosing Priority Mail might help if the package will fit it any of their flat rate boxes.
2. Package Tracking - If you'd like to know where your package is at any time during the mailing process, then availing of USPS Tracking service can be helpful. It come standard with Priority Mail, Standard Post (retail only), Parcel Select, First-Class Package Service, First-Class Mail parcels (online only) so you don't have to pay extra when using any of these services.
3. Certified Mail - Need proof that you sent the mail? Then Certified Mail is a no brainer! A return receipt will provide information on when your package was delivered (or when delivery was attempted) plus who signed for it.
4. Hold for Pickup - Your recipient can pick up their package at a designated Post Office instead of having it delivered to their home. This can be helpful when you're shipping valuable and perishable merchandise and there is no charge for this. Packages can be picked up within 15 days or 5 days for Priority Mail Express.
5. Registered Mail - if you need maximum security for your package from the time you send it to when it's delivered? The consider the Registered Mail service. Registered Mail items can be insured for up to $25,000 at your Post Office. Available with Priority Mail, First-Class Mail and First-Class Package Service (if ordered online).
Back to the top
We value our
relationship with YOU!.
Your Email address is
not shared with anyone
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About The Mail Box Hawaii .com - The Mailbox Waikiki - Postal Service (PO Box) Rental Resource in Honolulu, Hawaii
Privacy, Security and Efficiency, that's what we're all about. We help protect your privacy by securing your mail with our Private Mailbox Service. To read more about our company, click here. More...
- Order Mail Box Services Online
Take the first step to secure your mail and peace of mind! Click here to sign up for a private mailbox. More...
- The Mail Box Hawaii Discount and Coupons
Get rewarded for choosing to secure your mail. Check out our latest promos and available coupons for our services.
- Why Choose The Mail Box Hawaii .com / The Mailbox Waikiki PO Rental Box Resources
View the benefits of having your postal service/PO box rental at The Mailbox Waikiki / Mail Box Hawaii .com. Waikiki - Honolulu, Hawaii More...
Mailbox Shipping, Mailing, Postal Packaging Tips And Resources
Great tips and resources on shipping, mailing, packaging and postal services
- The Mail Box Hours of Operation
View our hours and our central Honolulu mail box location. More...
- The Mail Box Honolulu Hawaii Map
View map of our central Honolulu mail box location. More...